Monday, February 5, 2018

Ten Points for Gryffindor!

Hola hola! 


This week in Corydon, IN...


We found Joanna!

We were working in Georgetown and wanted to visit some less-actives. At first she wasn't too jazzed about us coming in, but as we opened our mouths and showed her love, she invited us in. She got baptized when she was 21 and hasn't been to church in 25 years. It was so cool to teach her! We showed her a video about daily spiritual sustenance and how it applies to the Israelites receiving manna, and she paused and said, "This is so weird because I was just reading about this in the Bible. God gave them enough for only one day, and when they tried to store it, it went bad. It's the same thing with reading and praying." Yes! Joanna, you got it! 10 points for Gryffindor! We set up a return appointment. Later in the week, she told us she's doesn't want us to come by because she's having contradicting feelings. Bummer city. But we planted a seed and helped her to feel the Spirit. We know that God will take care of the rest.


We tracted a trailer park and found Mike!

Mike talked with missionaries a couple of years ago, and when we asked if he knew any Mormons, he said he used to work with a guy who turned out to be a member we eat with every Monday. Hooty hoo! We're really excited to go teach him. 


We had a bomb Zone Conference...

...and I gave my departing testimony. How surreal. I couldn't believe that I was one of the missionaries sitting up on the stand talking about how much I have loved this time to be a servant of the Lord. I can't imagine what my life would be like without my mission. I am eternally grateful to all of those who helped me get here. Whether big or small, your influence was for good. God knew that I needed to be refined. He knew my desires, and He knew that He could make more out of me than I could make out of myself.


"Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life." - Ezra Taft Benson


Love youins!

❤️ Hermana Boyson

We'll see you in a month! 


What do you see? ....the mooooon! 🔎🔍


No comments:

Post a Comment